Re: non-gui version of the cygwin setup?

On Fri, 1 Sep 2006, Mike wrote:

> When cygwin is installed in a bunch of boxes already,
> is there a way to ssh into the box (ssh is already setup,
> etc) and execute Cygwin's setup.exe to have setup pull
> updated packages from an internal, local mirror?

If you allow the sshd service to interact with the desktop, you *should*
be able to run Cygwin setup.exe in unattended mode (run "setup --help" and
look in the log for the option summary).  However, I would recommend first
doing it on a machine that you have console access to, just in case the
"Installation complete" popup is still displayed in unattended mode or
something.  Also, you will not be able to update any files that sshd
itself uses (which includes cygwin1.dll) unless you also execute a
"shutdown -r" from your ssh session.
HTH,
	Igor
--