Re: cygwin snapshot 20060818 - lots of diagnostic output

On Mon, Aug 28, 2006 at 11:20:36AM -0400, Volker Quetschke wrote:
>Hi,
>
>after getting spurious "Resource temporarily unavailable" errors
>with cygwin 1.5.21 (after the last M$ patch day!!) I decided to try
>the latest cygwin snapshot on my favorite testcase - compiling OOo.

Resource unavailable messages are often the result of running out of
Windows heap space.  There is not much that we can do about them other
than suggest that people adjust the heap and that is not a foolproof
solution.

>The good news is that I haven't seen another "Resource temporarily
>unavailable" error so far, but now there is a lot of diagnostic
>output in the logfiles. See:
> <http://go-oo.org/tinderbox/gunzip.cgi?tree=OOD680_m2&brief-log=1156737477.26938>
>
>Are you interested in testcases? I could try to create one.

We're always interested in *simple* test cases.

As I've noted here previously, however, there are some false warning
being generated by the snapshots currently.  Please don't bother trying
to report those.

cgf