Re: change in behavior of make from 3.80 to 3.81

Eli Zaretskii wrote:
code, perhaps with some Cygwin-specific changes). Contrary to what
some people said in this thread, I don't see any problems that could
hamper the Cygwin build of Make if it supported drive letters, since
Windows doesn't allow colons anywhere else in file names anyway. Of
course, the best way of making sure no problems exist is to test the
patched version in the Cygwin environment.
I think I read somewhere that you can now have colon's and other such characters in filenames in cygwin, you just have to mount the directory with a special flag and the filenames you see in windows are encoded. So thats a test case for consideration.

--Gareth