Re: Permissions problems after domain change

Herb Martin wrote:
>> another. Now when I
>> some of my own
>> tell me what I
>> fix this? TIA.
>
> For file permissions one issue is that your OLD domain
> account is not the same as your NEW account (even if the
> names are the same of course.)
>
> There is a (fairly tedious) tool available on Windows
> for fixing such problems "SubInACL.exe"  (I read it as
> (SUBstitute INstead a differenc ACL or permission".)
>
> It's a pain to use but quite powerful important when
> a machine changes domains and the old users and groups
> no longer have access.
>
> --
> Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
> HerbM@LearnQuick.Com http://LearnQuick.Com
> 512 388 7339   -or-   1 800 MCSE PRO
> Accelerated MCSE in a Week Seminars

I ended up doing what Larry suggested and recreated the group and passwd
files. Then I did a "find $HOME -user olduser | xargs chown
newuser:newgroup" to regain access on everything. I could have acl'ed
the files but since I don't intend to use the old domain account after a
few days I figured "why bother?".

Thanks for all help.