Can I use two sets of different cygwin installations simultaneously?

Can I use two different sets of cygwin installations
safely?

For example, one set may include the up-to-date full
packages, while the other may include somewhat
old-dated, partially installed packages.

The second setmight look strange to you, but I have to
keep it because I need to maintain the same cygwin
environment as what all of my colleagues have in order
to develop some software together.

It would be the best if I can configure the cygwin
setup procedure to satisfy this requirement.

Thanks in advance

K. Choi