Re: Um... what format are Cygwin manpages?

mwoehlke wrote:
Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Wed, Aug 09, 2006 at 01:10:11PM -0500, mwoehlke wrote:
I have a modified Linux manpage almost ready to go; I assume that goes to cygwin.patches?

No, that would be appropriate only if the man page was found in the winsup hierarchy. The first line of printf(3) says "NEWLIB" when I type "man 3 printf" so that's where a man page patch should go.

Ok, that's what I kind-of thought... Hmm, shame on the newlib folks for having such a poorly-up-to-date manpage. :-) Anyway, I guess this means that gmane.comp.lib.newlib will suffice?

If that equates to newlib at sources dot redhat dot com, then yes.  Otherwise,
just send email to the newlib list.

(But... this means what? If the newlib folks don't like it, Cygwin is just stuck with a /wrong/ manpage?)

Well, we could scold them mercilessly and send them to their rooms without
dinner. ;-)

Let's not look for a problem that doesn't currently exist.

Holliston, MA 01746