Re: 1.5.21-1 missing header file 'jpeglib'

We don't know what packages you've installed, so can't say if this is a
problem with your installation or a more general one.

I've install the default packages plus this ones: Devel -> make, gcc-g++, cvs, gdb, libxml2-devel, patchutils Net -> rsync, openssh Text -> util-linux Libs -> libjpeg62, libpng12-devel, zlib

Please read and follow the Cygwin problem reporting guidelines at
<http://cygwin.com/problems.html>, particularly the part about attaching
the output of "cygcheck -svr" (as an uncompressed text *attachment*).

Ok, so there it is the file with the output of cygcheck.

I install it from the internet and select all the packages needed. IN
libs section I need libjpeg62, libpng12-devel, zlib, which all seem to
be installed properly except from the first one.

What makes you believe that? The contents of the libjpeg62 is a single DLL, /usr/bin/cygjpeg-62.dll (which, BTW, is a compatibility DLL -- you should be installing libjpeg6b for a more current one). However, if you select the right packages, libjpeg6b should be selected automatically for you.

Try "cygcheck -l libjpeg62" to see the contents of that package on your system.

I did it: $ cygcheck -l libjpeg62 /usr/bin/cygjpeg-62.dll

I doubt that setup "forgets" to install any package that was selected by
the user.  Try searching for the file you need on the Cygwin package
search page at <http://cygwin.com/packages/>, and then install that
package using setup.

Well, but the file I need is in the package I've already installed, the libjpeg62, that as you said, by selecting it the libjpeg6b is also selected to be installed.

Plenty to learn, then... :-)

yeah, now I wish I've learnt it before but it's never too late huh? ^_^