Re: Revised: ls: reading directory .: No such file or directory

Warren Young wrote:
Andrew Schulman wrote:
On Tue, Aug 01, 2006 at 09:15:44AM -0600, Monte Riding wrote:
I have an issue when trying to run ls in the root of my C: drive
that's cropped up recently, not sure what's happened -
Morale of the story: Use POSIX paths, i.e. "cd /cygdrive/c".

OK, but mightn't it be considered a bug that Cygwin is being inconsistent in
its treatment of non-POSIX paths?

Would it make you happier if bash didn't accept DOS style drive letters at all? Then it would be consistent, and there would be no opportunity for confusion.

The alternative is to do a lot of work across multiple apps. You name three, but if you think you're done with just that, you're in error. Down that path, you end up modifying all apps distributed with Cygwin to support DOS style paths. Ick cubed, dude.

I thought such support was actually in Cygwin itself? And bash just "stupidly" does a chdir("c:")?

--
Matthew
This is not the list you're looking for. -- Perversion of Obi Wan