Why does tcl84.dll not follow the Cygwin DLL naming convention?

I notice that the Tcl/Tk libraries are the only DLLs (*) in Cygwin's /usr/bin that don't follow the "cygwin DLL naming convention" of prefixing "cyg" to the DLL name.

(The issue that prompts this idle speculation is described in these postings:

http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2004-02/msg00195.html
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2004-02/msg00071.html
)

This just a casual question: why? I know, WJM and all that, but why don't these libraries have a "cyg" prefix - which would solve all these problems?

And I suppose it's too late to fix this now, even if it could be? I guess it would require re-releasing several packages that depend on it..