RE: CygWin - GCC compiler error

On 23 July 2006 12:37, MariLiza Koukouli wrote:

>>> Does this mean anything to anyone?
>
>>  It means that PBGroutines.c has failed to include
>> some vital header or
>> other.  Whatever the word before "off64_t" on line 7 is, it should have
>> been defined and it hasn't been.
>
> Hi Dave,
> thanks for replying. I would agree with you on that
> one, but then I have compiled and run the code in a
> normal Linux (SUSE) computer and it compiles and runs
> fine. Is it absolutely impossible that some GNU GCC
> setting is missing? from the .bashsrc file for e.g.? I
> am completely buffled.
> Thanks
> MariLiza

  No, it's more likely just due to the fact that different systems sometimes
keep some of the system-dependent definitions in headers in different places,
or name them differently, or don't implement quite all the exact same set of
definitions.  These minor discrepancies are usually worked around by using
autoconf to detect all the details at compile time and allow for the
differences.  Does the project you're building use autoconf?  What does it say
at PBGroutines.c line 7 or PBGroutines.h line 9?  I'm suspecting something
related to 64-bit file i/o functions?

    cheers,
      DaveK