RE: Can NTFS junctions be listed?

> Is there a utility for cygwin that can list NTFS junction points?
> Perhaps an option for find?  I am interested in junctions
> that are not
> on the same partition.
>
> It appears that junctions from sysinternals.com gets an invalid
> instruction when run my Athlon XP machine.

I don't know the answer to your question, and it
is quite possible that you have thought of the
following but it's better if you decide if it is
useful:

You might try a couple of the built-in, Reskit or
support tools:

"Dir /ad" (attribute directory) will find junctions
or reparse points which you could parse with Perl
(etc) and feed to either LinkD.exe or FSUtil.exe
such, e.g.:

  fsutil reparsepoint query c:\prog

(...and you would need to further parse the output
to do anything useful probably.)

Problem is that the tools that "know" about junctions
don't search for them so you have to use something like
"dir" to first find them so it is a bit ugly.

--
Herb Martin, MCSE, MVP
HerbM@LearnQuick.Com http://LearnQuick.Com