RE: scp timeout on dual-core processor

If you are having this problem on a Dell laptop, then, as Larry Hall
pointed out earlier, a software package from Embassy has been
causing problems.  As far as I know this was first described here:

http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2006-05/msg00790.html

You should be able to contact either Dell or Embassy for a patch
that fixes this problem.  I have applied the fix on several dual-core
Dell laptops and have not seen the 'scp-timeout' problem since.

---