Re: Running as root

Hi Igor,

If you want to do something more complex than fooling a broken program
into thinking that you're root, you might need to learn more about how
Windows privileges work.  Google, as always, is your friend, and
discussion like this is probably off-topic for this list.

I look at things differently as you and as most other people on this list.

When I download a program off the internet I expect it to run out of the box.
If a program does not run out of the box I expect to email a bug report and get it fixed.
Why put programs on the net that do not run?

I like the idea of unstable and stable programs.

The newbies use the stable programs. They download them and run them. They do not see any programmiing or installation erros.

The people who want more functionality go to the unstable programs and help debug them.

Doing it this way will keep a large percentage of the newbies from asking newby type questions on this list. This will in turn allow the experts to concentrate on developing the programs.

Yours Sincerely Stephen Grant Brown