Re: inetd help

Robert McGraw wrote:
Thanks Corinna and the gmane.os.cygwin group. I got my service running from the above help.

I am not a window type guy and so have a few question on what I did:

What make sshd_server account so special? I looked through the ssh-host-script where it creates the sshd_server. Is it the SID S-1-5-32-544, which I know nothing about. Or could any user in the administrator group do the same.

If I wanted to create my own -u user, rather then the sshd_server user, what special settings would be required or is that I have a password set for this user which inetd uses?
I think it's the following section:

editrights -a SeAssignPrimaryTokenPrivilege -u sshd_server &&
editrights -a SeCreateTokenPrivilege -u sshd_server &&
editrights -a SeDenyInteractiveLogonRight -u sshd_server &&
editrights -a SeDenyNetworkLogonRight -u sshd_server &&
editrights -a SeDenyRemoteInteractiveLogonRight -u sshd_server &&
editrights -a SeIncreaseQuotaPrivilege -u sshd_server &&
editrights -a SeServiceLogonRight -u sshd_server &&
sshd_server_got_all_rights="yes"

which bestows the necessary rights to the sshd_server user.

--

Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
I think there is a world market for maybe five computers. - Thomas J. Watson, chairman of IBM, 1943