From: Christopher Faylor [mailto:cgf-no-personal-reply-please@cygwin.com]
Sent: Thursday, July 06, 2006 1:19 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: Re: cygwin 1.5.20-1 problem writing to stdout

On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 11:30:44AM -0400, Nellis, Kenneth wrote:
>A program, which I've had for years and which has worked on many
>different Unix variants, stopped working when I upgraded to cygwin
>1.5.20-1. When I back-installed 1.5.19-4, it resumed working.
>Actually, the program functioned fine, but output to stdout was
>stifled. I was able to reduce the program to the following few lines,
>which exhibit the problem:
>
>=========== xyz.c ================
>#include <stdio.h>
>
>static char b[4001];
>static char *whoami;
>
>int main (int argc, char *argv[])
>{
>   puts ("hello");
>   return 0;
>}

Thanks for the test case.

This problem was caused by a bug that I introduced in cygwin a while
ago.  It should be fixed in the next snapshot.

This is a serious enough problem that I think a new 1.5.21 version of
cygwin is warranted.  I'll probably be doing that soon if you can confirm
that this fixes your problem.

cgf