Re: Random Permissions Changes

David Greene wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin) wrote:

Windows apps like to set the execute bit on files.  Have any of the
files you see this issue with been manipulated by Windows apps?

I don't think so. I've viewed directories in explorer. Would that do it?

No. Just viewing the files in the file system is not enough to change the permissions. You'd need to have some app actually save the files in question, though changing the contents would not be required.

You mentioned that this is a share.  Does anyone else have access to it?
If so, could they be making changes to these files?

Holliston, MA 01746