Re: bash and CSRSS consuming 100% of CPU

Hey, my message, which I had been trying to post since early Saturday morning, finally made it through.  That was a struggle ...

To answer some issues that have come up since then, Linda Walsh asked about "procexp" (Process Explorer).  Since I never heard of this program, I assume I am not using it.

Somebody else mentioned Windows Update.  The affected machine is on automatic Windows Update.  In fact, I have a list of Microsoft updates that have come in recently but cannot be installed for some arcane reason.  I have not resolved this problem yet, and this is the first time I have ever had trouble installing MS updates.  Don't know whether this is related to the cygwin bash & CSRSS problem, but the coincidence is interesting.

Now I see Dave Korn's suggestion about disabling Symantec.  I'll look into that.  Thanks.

-- Joe