Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: vim-7.0.017-1

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
I have updated the version of vim on cygwin.com to 7.0.017-1.

This is the long awaited vim 7.0, latest patchlevel 17. Cygwin Vim
still builds from the vanilla sources.
---
   Vim 7 seems to still have a few kinks to work out and doesn't
seem nearly as stable as vim64.  Since vim7 is already out as vim,
maybe vim6.4 could be made available as a separete vim6 or vim64
package for those not wanting to be on the bleeding edge?  Some
important features have stopped working in 7, and judging from the
mailing list, there seems to be a large uptick in problems in 7.

   Either that, or maybe (I'd think more hassle, but...) roll
vim-current back to 6.4 and leave vim7 as a future release until
vim7 hits 7.1 or so?

Or is waiting for a stable version too passÃ? :-)

linda