Re: 1.0:Question about Cygwin1.dll crashing with DEP/NX

Carry Suryakusuma wrote:

> I rebuilt the Cygwin1.dll using the following build environment:
> 1. bash version: GNU bash, version 2.03.0(2)-release (i686-pc-cygwin)
> 2. make version: GNU Make version 3.77, by Richard Stallman and Roland
> McGrath.
> 3. gcc version: 2.9-cygwin-990830
> 4. g++ version: 2.9-cygwin-990830
> 5. ld version: GNU ld 2.9-cygwin-990830
>
> Is there anyway for me to fix this with the existing source codes and
> probably the build environment and tools that I have to support DEP on
> Windows XP and later?

I'm afraid you are probably not going to find anybody on this list
interested in even considering problems with these ancient versions.  If
you can reproduce the problem you experience with a current Cygwin
snapshot then post more details, otherwise I think you're on your own.
It's kind of like calling Ford and asking if the model-T will run on
unleaded -- so much has changed over the last 7 or so years.

Brian