Re: export arrays from cygwin ksh

bob wrote:
I have an hp unix script that runs in ksh and am porting it to PC. It uses and exports arrays in hp unix. Does not seem to work in cygwin. Can anybody offer suggestions to accomodate? I tried to put an example below, but I was labeled a top poster and it would not let me do it.

Eh? I've never had a message bounce (is there actually something that tries to bounce http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#TOFU? ...must not work very well.)

Did you try submitting your example as an attachment?

Back to the question: by "exports arrays" you mean it needs to export an array so that it is inherited by sub-shells? Also, what shell are you using on Cygwin?

It does seem like this doesn't work - at least, not how I would expect it to - on bash (either on Cygwin or on Linux). Maybe you should try ksh on Cygwin.

--
Matthew
Interix, Sphinterix. Cygwin apps don't crash. :-)