Error on /bin/sh -login: "cannot remove /bin/sh.exe: Permission denied"

I just updated my cygwin install.

on running /bin/sh -login, I got the following message:

/bin/cp: cannot remove `/bin/sh.exe': Permission denied

Looks like the error is coming out of /etc/profile.d/00bash.sh: the part where it's trying to update /bin/sh.exe via a copy in the midst of running profiles:

/bin/cp -fpuv /bin/bash.exe /bin/sh.exe 2>&1 >> /var/log/setup.log.full

1. Isn't it a little strange to have this done on user time every time users run profiles?
2. If the redirect and the file append were reversed, I'd never see the error; it would go straight to the logs. As it is, nothing goes to the logs.
3. Once I killed all my /bin/sh processes, and ran /bin/bash -login, the copyover happened OK. I'm just a freak trying to stick to sh.
4. Should this code be running when I'm under /bin/sh? Looks like it's bash-specific; I'd expect the default profile code for sh to be sh-specific.

Thanks!
Webb

--
Webb Roberts (webb.roberts@gtri.gatech.edu)
Research Scientist, Georgia Tech Research Institute