RE: rsync over ssh hang issue understood

On 26 April 2006 20:34, Steven Hartland wrote:

> Interestingly if I try to get a thread dump using
> sysinternals process explorer the rsync process goes
> mad using all available cpu.

  That's a known issue, and one which I'd like to try and work on, but it's
really complex.  It's a side-effect of procexp doing an
RtlQueryProcessDebugInformation call on the cygwin process, which works
internally by injecting a remote thread into the cygwin process; this new
thread interacts badly with dll csrss in some way because it isn't
"lpc-registered".

  Unfortunately it doesn't seem possible to set a breakpoint on that function
in either windbg or gdb, so it looks very much like I'm gonna hafta break out
the full host'n'target kernel mode debugger to get anywhere with it.

    cheers,
      DaveK