RE: Windows 95 support ?

> From: Max Bowsher

> Gary R. Van Sickle wrote:

Meh, keeps me off the streets. ;-)

> To put this in perspective, this affects only users who are
> using Windows 95 original edition (*not* any OSR version),
> *AND* have not installed a non-ancient Internet Explorer version.
>
> For this tiny minority, is it *really* worth the confusion of
> a separate  Cygwin setup bundle,

Only if it's confusing, separate, and adds no other value.  Check it out and
see what you think:

http://home.att.net/~g.r.vansickle/cygwin/SetupInstaller/SetupInstaller.exe

Erase "Where do I put this darn setup.exe thing?!!?" off the FAQ! ;-)

> as compared with the
> alternative of just writing a FAQ entry explaining how to get
> the necessary prerequisites?
>
> Max.

Well, I could just as easily turn the agument around and ask, "Why bother
writing a FAQ entry that only a tiny minority of the tiny minority it
applies to is going to read?"  But mainly, as I said above, it seems rather
silly to me to have Cygwin operate on systems on which it can't be
installed.  This solves the problem.*

--
Gary R. Van Sickle
* Assuming Sam or someone else confirms that it works of course.