RE: Can't print because .lnk makes printer name invalid

On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Igor Peshansky wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Apr 2006, Rockefeller, Harry wrote:

[You replied:

Yes.

].  FWIW, I was kind of implying that the answer to this question should
have gone to the list, and the strace output should be sent as a separate
email.

> > > for writing:
> > >
> > > Well, what does "ls -l //NTSERVER1/sw-txt1" show?  How about "ls -l
> > > //NTSERVER1/sw-txt1.lnk"?
> > > 	Igor
> >
> > In each case: "No such file or directory"
>
> Could you please also send me (in a separate personal message) the output
> of "strace -O lpr.strace lpr junk"?  I'll take a look and see if I can
> spot something obvious.
> 	Igor

I've looked at the trace.  Nothing obvious comes to mind, but I did think
of something else: on my machine, running "net use" on the shared printer
helped enable it -- try "net use '\\NTSERVER1\sw-txt1'" and see if that
lets you print.  Though the error I was getting before "net use" is
different from yours.

I'm also concerned about the access violations in your strace, but don't
have time to look further at the moment.  Perhaps someone else will
volunteer.
HTH,
	Igor
--