Cygwin and Interix interoperability?

Hi, list,

I saw a few comments roughly on this topic when I searched the archives,
but nothing 100% definite, so I thought I'd ask... Are there any plans
of making Cygwin more compatible with Interix (and especially the
SFU/SUA NFS clients)?

Specifically, I would be interested in two things:
1) Compatibility with Interix symlinks (especially on NFS where they are
*real* symlinks!)
2) Usage of real NFS permissions; particularly since Cygwin creates
everything with a+x on NFS volumes ATM (and can't correctly affect the
permissions at all).

I'm not asking for any time frame, just... has it been given any thought?

(I don't *think* this is a double-post, but apologies if it is; this is
about my third time trying to send... still trying to figure out the
headers in Thunderbird! :-))

TIA

--
Matthew
"Ethics? We've heard of it" -- Microsoft