Re: getline error with make

> When trying to 'make' FontForge on Cygwin, we get the following error.
>
> gimagereadxpm.c:128: error: conflicting types for 'getline'
> /usr/include/sys/stdio.h.31: error: previous declaration of 'getline'
> was here

This has already been brought up on this list:

> Hope there might be some solution to this problem, from one or both
> sides. . .

Both.  Cygwin CVS has already guarded the declaration with
_GNU_SOURCE, so it is not exposed in a strict compilation
environment.  And FontForge should realize that the Austin
group is considering including the GNU definition of readline
as a mandatory function in the next version of POSIX, so any
application that wants to use their own version needs to
be aware that a standardized version will likely also exist
soon.

--
Eric Blake