Re: 1.5.19-4 a bad build?

> I just upgraded to 1.5.19-4 from what I had installed back in 2004.  I
> selected to install everything.  During the post-install, I got several
> error popups regarding the following dll missing:

No need to post 3 times - we heard you the first.

> cygminires.dll
> cygXft-2.dll
> cygopt-0.dll
> cygintl-2.dll

My guess is that you had a cygwin program still running when you did
the upgrade, leading to postinstall script failure.  Normally, setup.exe
does the right thing if you upgrade when no cygwin process is
running.  But the fix is simple - stop all cygwin processes, rerun
setup.exe, and let it once again determine dependencies it needs
to install.

> Also, there is no /usr/bin/make!  I'm not sure what else is missing though.
>
> I have attached my cygcheck output.  Found out "zip" is missing too.

We ask for cygcheck output as an uncompressed text attachment
for a reason - so that we can read it without having to save it off
to a file and unzipping it.  (translation, I didn't bother to read your
cygcheck output, because it was not easily accessible, so I probably
missed out on some clues that might have made my response more
to the point on how to fix your particular problem).

> What is the last known good build?

1.5.19-4.  Honestly, it works, or it wouldn't have remained the
current version for several months now.

--
Eric Blake