Re: problem accessing *unsecured* network share through passwordless ssh

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dave Korn"

On 13 April 2006 19:38, Rob Siklos wrote:

Hi,

I have a problem accessing unsecured network shares when logging in using
passwordless (public key) authentication with ssh.

On my laptop, I have a shared folder that has full security permissions
"Everyone", and is shared with full share permissions to "Everyone".

That's not unsecured. That's accessible to "Everyone".

Ok, so how do I make an unsecured share?

This share is mapped as a network drive on my desktop.  However, when I
ssh
from my laptop to my desktop, "net use" shows the drive as "Unavailable".

Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong?  I was under the
impressesion
that if I gave full permissions on the share, this would work.

Perhaps you're not "Everyone"? From your cygcheck.out:

Windows 2003 Enterprise Server Ver 5.2 Build 3790 Service Pack 1

Running in Terminal Service session

This suggests to me that you were logged in locally at the server when you ran cygcheck. It would be more interesting to see what you get when you're logged in via ssh from your laptop. Did you use the proper scripts to configure the server? Have you read the bit in '/usr/share/doc/Cygwin/openssh.README' about w2k3 server?

Ok, here's the cygcheck output from within ssh. sshd was set up correctly, according to the docs - I reinstalled it just for good measure.

Your help is *greatly* appreciated.

Rob.