Re: Fixing the state of C++ in Cygwin

On Apr 11 22:35, Steven Brown wrote:
> Christopher Faylor wrote:
>
> >How about figuring out what the "for some reason" is that makes sed 4.1.5
> >(theoretically) fail?
>
> The thread regarding sed 1.4.5 and libtool:
> http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-02/msg00846.html
>
> Wouldn't it be best to first return to sed 4.1.4 before debugging why
> upgrading to sed 4.1.5 is problematic?  It's left Cygwin installs in a
> broken state for C++ compiles since February.
>
> I can look into the problem with sed 4.1.5 as well, but I'd like to see
> Cygwin stay in a working state as much as possible.

 From the above thread you know what's the important difference between
Cygwin's sed 4.1.4 and 4.1.5.  There are three other major changes which
you will find in the NEWS file in the source code.  So the question is
this:

Is it a textmode/binmode issue and if so, why are the files created with
CRLF line endings at all?  If they are not created with CRLF line
endings on Linux, then there's no reason to create them with CRLF on
Cygwin.  As a first local solution, don't use textmode mounts.

Corinna

Red Hat