RE: installing tar programs using cygwin

On 09 April 2006 12:40, dpdce wrote:

> Tried to  load program on cygwin linux.
> Having problems. I have a dell inspiron b130
> Using windows xp. Used the following procedure:
> # tar xvzf package.tar.gz (or tar xvjf package.tar.bz2)    works
> # cd package       works
> # ./configure    does not work
> # make              cmd not recognize
> # make install    cmd not used because the
>                           Above failed
> What am I doing wrong ?

  Well, if you just installed the default cygwin setup, you might not have
some of the dev tools like make, gcc, autotools etc.  You'd need to re-run
setup.exe and choose to 'Install' the needed packages from the 'Devel'
category.  If that isn't the problem, or if you need more advice on which
packages to choose, read this page -->

and follow the bit about sending cygcheck.out as an attachment to the mailing
list.

    cheers,
      DaveK