Re: fork problem [Attn: cygserver maintainer]

Igor Peshansky <pechtcha@XX.XXX.XXX> writes:

> On Thu, 6 Apr 2006, J. David Boyd wrote:

> Again, <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Let's stop this
> spamfest.  Thanks.

I don't see that option anywhere in GNUS, but maybe it is.  I can always do
that manually, though, which works also.  Thanks for the heads up, I never
thought about it before.

>> > I started using cygserver and edited its config file to use 310 procs
>> > instead of 62.  In /etc/cygserver.conf, I edited the following:
>> >
>> > # kern.srv.process_cache_size: No. of concurrent processes which can be
>> > # handled by Cygserver concurrently.
>> > # Default: 62, Min: 1, Max: 310, command line option -p, --process-cache
>> > kern.srv.process_cache_size 310
>> >

>> Hmm, that is not an available option in my etc/cygserver.conf.
>>
>> Strange, no?  I'm running the latest version of everything.
>
> Yeah, I got caught off-guard by this at first as well.  Usually, if the
> config file in /etc doesn't exist, there is a postinstall script that
> copies the default version in /etc/defaults/etc/ into /etc.  There is also
> a mechanism for removing the config file on update if it's identical to
> the default config file.
>
> Apparently, cygserver isn't using this mechanism.  I've no idea how
> /etc/cygserver.conf gets created.  However, copying
> /etc/defaults/etc/cygserver.conf to /etc/cygserver.conf should get you the
> latest version.

I manually added the line in, and rebooted, and it works fine now.  But I'll
try your suggestion later.

Thanks to all for the help.

Dave in Largo, FL