Re: ls displays nothing - 3/29 snapshot

On Sun, Apr 02, 2006 at 09:07:28PM -0500, Tom Rodman wrote:
>On Sun 4/2/06 15:59 CDT cygwin@cygwin.com wrote:

>>>That's ok.  Minus any details, we'll just assume that you've done
>>>something wrong and ignore the problem.
>>
>>I have a scroll log of all the shell commands I did on Sat/Sun, and
>>logs from the cron jobs.  Will post if I find anything helpful - so far
>>nothing out of the ordinary shows up in STDERR; I'll go over the logs
>>again ..
>
>The problem happens immediately for me with the 3/29 snapshot:

What does "happens immediately" mean?  It didn't happen with the
2006-03-26 snapshot?  It happens more quickly than you'd expect?

Did you reboot after installing the snapshot?

If rebooting doesn't fix the problem then please send strace output from
the following command to the list.

  c:\>strace -o/tmp/strace.out /bin/bash
  exec /bin/ls -l /etc/passwd

cgf