RE: freopen irritates system-call/sh.exe

On 30 March 2006 16:50, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

> On Mar 30 16:30, Dave Korn wrote:
>> On 30 March 2006 16:10, Corinna Vinschen wrote:

>>> This has nothing to do with the snapshot.  It's the latest change to
>>> cygrunsrv which re-introduced the short flash.
>>
>>   Perhaps so, but perhaps not - see my last post.  I'm fairly sure
>> cygrunsrv should not involved in invoking expect.exe when I write "make -k
>> check" in a bash shell in a newly-built gcc object dir!  I also haven't
>> changed my cygrunsrv; I can make the condition appear or disappear by
>> using today's dll or the one I built from the 17th.
>
> I replied only to Eric's observation about cygrunsrv.  I didn't talk
> about other occurences of console windows.

  Fair enough; I meant only to suggest that there *may* be an underlying root
cause, but of course that should not be read as implying that there could not
be two separate causes leading to the same symptom.

> As for this spurious console window, it would be very helpful to get
> a simple testcase...

  Yep, I'll see if I can find some combination of fork/exec that does it.

    cheers,
      DaveK