Re: Spam:Re: Spam:Re: File copying problem

Corinna Vinschen wrote:
On Mar 30 09:38, Stefan Vorkoetter wrote:
Remote OS is SunOS titan 5.8 Generic_108528-19 sun4u sparc SUNW,Ultra-4

Output of getvolinfo is:

~ [657] $ ./getvolinfo //titan/u-maple
rootdir: \\titan\u-maple\
Volume Name        : <u-maple>
Serial Number      : 77467987
Max Filenamelength : 255
Filesystemname     : <NTFS>
Flags:
 FILE_CASE_SENSITIVE_SEARCH  : TRUE
 FILE_CASE_PRESERVED_NAMES   : TRUE
 FILE_UNICODE_ON_DISK        : FALSE
 FILE_PERSISTENT_ACLS        : TRUE
 FILE_FILE_COMPRESSION       : FALSE
 FILE_VOLUME_QUOTAS          : FALSE
 FILE_SUPPORTS_SPARSE_FILES  : FALSE
 FILE_SUPPORTS_REPARSE_POINTS: FALSE
 FILE_SUPPORTS_REMOTE_STORAGE: FALSE
 FILE_VOLUME_IS_COMPRESSED   : FALSE
 FILE_SUPPORTS_OBJECT_IDS    : FALSE
 FILE_SUPPORTS_ENCRYPTION    : FALSE
 FILE_NAMED_STREAMS          : FALSE
 FILE_READ_ONLY_VOLUME       : FALSE

Am looking into what version of samba this may be.

Probably a pretty old one. Any chance you can update? It seems that older Samba versions (or are these specific SunOS Samba versions?) don't return an unambiguous inode number to Windows.

That means, the above combination of flags identify your file
system as Samba to Cygwin.  Recent Samba versions (at least on
Linux) are known to return unambiguous inode numbers, so Cygwin
utilizes the returned inode numbers.  Apparently your Samba
is too old or somehow a branch from an older Smaba version.

Any chance you can upgrade to something more recent?  I'm a bit
reluctant to change Cygwin so that this capability is lost to
users of recent Samba versions...

Corinna

I'll talk to our IT folks. Any idea why this problem doesn't happen with a 1.5.18 based cygwin?

--
Stefan Vorkoetter
Maplesoft

Aviation is proof, that given the will, we have the capacity to
achieve the impossible.
                                              -- Eddie Rickenbacker