dlopen problems

Hello

I'm currently trying to port a 3d engine from linux to cygwin and I have some
trouble with the dlfcn.h functions.

My main program loads a module via dlopen which works fine in linux, but under
cygwin I get an error "No such file or directory" when I try to load a module.dll

just for the heck of I i tried to load a non shared binary. This gives the error
"Permmision denied"

I link my main program with

g++ -Wl,-E,--output-def=file.def

then I run dlltool -d file.def -l file.a

and then compile and link the module with

g++ -shared module.cpp -o module.dll file.a

this all compiles and links fine.

However the above error message haunts me...

Can anyone explain to me how dlopen works in cygwin?

/Jacob Kolding