Re: service interact with desktop broken between: 1.5.5 & 1.5.19

On Sun, Mar 26, 2006 at 03:50:24PM -0500, Igor Peshansky wrote:
>On Sun, 26 Mar 2006, Steven Hartland wrote:
>> From: "Corinna Vinschen" <corinna-cygwin@XXXXXX.XXX>
>
><http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#PCYMTNQREAIYR>.  Thanks.
>
>>>Thanks Lev, I've integrated this into the new 1.13-1 version of
>>>cygrunsrv which I just uploaded to cygwin.com.
>>
>>Ok really silly question where do I get that from the packages link
>>just returns a web page no download links.  The mirrors dont seem to
>>have it yet, surely there's a direct download there some where but I
>>cant find it for the life of me.
>
>There is a way of grabbing things directly off cygwin.com via rsync
>(essentially creating a local mirror).  Googling for "rsync download
>site:cygwin.com" brings up a few recipes for doing this.  I believe the
>information that Cygwin supports rsync, but not ftp or http downloads
>used to be somewhere on the Cygwin.com FTP site, but it isn't any
>longer...

This is very much not a supported method for installing packages.  You
are really just confusing a very simple issue by even bringing this up.

The way to install packages for cygwin is via "setup.exe".  If you don't
see a package 2 microseconds after someone sends an announcement to
cygwin-announce then... WAIT FOR IT.

cgf