RE: cygserver 1.20: How to start this daemon before Postgr eSQL's postmaster in a script?

Maybe the best way to check cygserver's complete startup (i.e. the IPC
functionality) would be to use the ipcs command. The following outputs are
for cygserver service up and down status (I'm not sure the fact that I'm on
XP makes any difference, though):

$ ipcs -q
Message Queues:
T     ID               KEY        MODE       OWNER    GROUP

[Here I manually stop the cygserver service]

$ ipcs -q
Bad system call

Tha same kind of output comes for -s (semaphors) and -t (shared memory).

HTH,

SLao

NB: I cannot test it for w98, as well.

"Feel free" mit GMX FreeMail!