Re: cygrunsrv stderr and stdout only to a syslog-ng log?

On Mar 21 13:45, Bryan D. Thomas wrote:
> I've found in cygrunsrv.README that the -1 and -2
> arguments may be used to specify that output of stdout
> and stderr go to a log file instead of to the Windows
> Event Log.
>
> I'm using cygrunsrv to run two services: sshd and
> syslog-ng.  I'm using syslog-ng to collect timestamped
> log entries from sshd and do postprocessing with
> filters.  What I want to do is stop logging sshd
> events also to the Windows Event Log.

Is it possible that the sshd service is started before the syslog-ng
service?  In that case the startup messages of the starting sshd service
would go to the Windows event log as a fallback, because the syslog
function finds that no syslog service is running.  If you add a
dependency to the sshd service, so that its only started when syslog-ng
is present, then you shouldn't see that problem anymore.

Corinna

Red Hat