Creating a custom Cygwin package server

The documentation here:

http://sourceware.org/cygwin-apps/package-server.html

suggests it might be possible to set up a custom Cygwin
package server to install a custom app, but it also says
the necessary tools are not available. Is it possible to
do this? Is there another approach that is more highly
recommended for distribution of a custom app? (one too
specific to warrant inclusion in the main archive.)

Norton Allen

p.s. I apologize if this subject has been revisited
frequently. I just spent about half an hour searching
through the e-mail archives without coming up with
any clues.