Re: local cygwin mirror

What I would expect is that when I do a download only install, the packages I select will be downloaded (of course). When I do it again, I would expect to be presented with new/updated packages
that have been added to the remote repository in the interim and I can choose to download or not (via the same selection process as now). I would also expect to be able to select for download packages that I hadn't chosen the first time. All of this based on what is in the downoad directory, not what happens to be installed or not.

It should be possible to write a script that would look in the download directory and create a corresponding (temporary) /etc/setup/stalled.db so that setup's operation is dependent on what's in the download directory rather than what's installed on a given machine.

Or, you could just work with the system as it is by installing all packages you want to mirror on your download machine and always doing the download/update from that machine; thus, the local machine's packages will be the same as the local directory's packages.

Paul