RE: Problem with Pascal compiler

On 15 March 2006 17:18, Alastair McDonald wrote:

> I have just downloaded the New Cygwin DLL 1.5.19-4 release including gcc and
> gpc the Pascal compiler. The C compiler gcc works with a "hello world"
> program but when I use gpc to compile a simple pascal file I get the message
>>

> /usr/lib/gcc-lib/i686-pc-cygwin/3.3.3/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/ld:
> crtbegin.o: No such file: No such file or directory.
>
> crtbegin.o does exist.  Is this a bug in the distribution, and how can I get
> round it?
>
> Cheers, Alastair McDonald.

  Sounds as if the postinstall script didn't run and so a necessary softlink
didn't get created.  Take a look in /etc/postinstall and see if there are any
.sh files that don't have .done on the end.  If so, you can either run them
manually or just re-run setup, leaving all the default selections alone
(effectively doing a 'keep') and it'll make sure everything that should be
installed is.

    cheers,
      DaveK