Re: cygrunsrv.exe Processor Util 100% on Windows Server

Chris,

> Hi Brett, if you might help me locate this posting, would greatly appreciate
> it; I'm not that familiar with forks, bash, and tcsh so I'm not totally clear
> on what to search on). Meanwhile I'll post to the guy just a few messages
> above with a similar problem and refer him this!

http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2006-01/msg00019.html

You may want to examine other messages in that thread, but the part
that may be most relevant:

"If you also run the secure shell daemon (sshd), before running
ssh-host-config, modify it by locating '-a -D' and change to '-a "-D
-r"' in two places.  Adding the -r, which is applied to the -a which is
why the double quotes are needed, turns off an extra fork/exec that
theoretically makes sshd more secure but also causes the CPU spike.  If
you've already installed sshd as a service, you'll need to stop it and
delete it before making these changes."

Brett