ProFTPD

Hello. I am trying to get the FTP server running on
a Windows XP machine.

I installed the proftpd package and looked for a document
describing how to get things going quickly.

I found README.cygwin but it referred to cygrunsrv and
"net stop proftpd" which may correspond to packages which are
not installed. I have no inetd.conf file and proftpd is
not in /usr/local/sbin.

Has anyone written a simple README describing how to get started
after installing the Cygwin base and then the proftpd package,
assuming minimal knowledge of Cygwin?

Regards
Tim