Re: rxvt and line-drawing characters

Andrew DeFaria wrote:

> I like using rxvt as my terminal. Recently I discovered pstree (don't
> know how I missed it before). pstree doesn't appear to be in Cygwin but
> it does appear to be on Linux. I often use rxvt in conjunction with
It's been included in the psmisc cygwin package for some time.

ssh
> to log into Linux machines. Now pstree supports a -G to use line drawing
> characters. This works under xterm but not under rxvt. How does one use
> line-drawing characters in rxvt?

You need a font that has the DOS/OEM characters instead of the standard
codepage 1252 / ISO 8858-1 character set.  If you search around there is
a patched version of lucida console (called "lucida consoleP" or
luconP.zip) that has this.  You also need to set TERM (-tn) to
rxvt-cygwin-native I think.

Brian