RE: cygheap base mismatch detected

On 16 February 2006 07:17, Dill, Jens (END-CHI) wrote:

> Unfortunately for me, (e) is impractical.  It's not clear whether
> it is my source code or CygWin's that I need to fix,

 Have you actually *tried* this application of yours under Cygwin and
discovered that it indeed *is* one of the rare ones that actually runs into
this problem, or are you getting your knickers in a twist over some entirely
theoretical issue that may just as likely never happen?

> My project time frame doesn't allow for that.   If I read Dave Korn's
> posting correctly (along with the others who talk about adjusting the
> sizes of Fortran arrays to fix the problem)

  *Why* are you relying on information that is 12 to 18 months out of date?
There's been quite a few check-ins to the cygwin cvs in that period, and in
case you haven't noticed, we haven't had anyone here running into that problem
recently, and some of the fortran people said that one of the fixes Corinna
made _ages_ ago now had solved the problem in their experience, so perhaps you
should stop hoping to divine the truth from a priori first principles and
outdated mailing-list-posts, and get a bit _empirical_ about it?

    cheers,
      DaveK