Re: Bash Window Geometry

Bubba Jones wrote:
... Alternatively, you could do:
rxvt -e /bin/bash --login --rcfile /cygdrive/h/.bashrc -i

Thus combining your current configuration with the way you want it to be...

Ahhh, most cool. That command with switches works from the cygwin bash prompt, but not from the DOS prompt, which tells me it wouldn't work from a batch file. The following does work from DOS:

h:\cygwin\bin\rxvt -e /bin/bash --
rcfile /cygdrive/h/.bashrc -i

But the following does not:

h:\cygwin\bin\rxvt -e /bin/csh --login --
rcfile /cygdrive/h/.bashrc -i

The difference being that "--login" breaks...  Any
idea why --login es no bueno?  Is --login really
needed?

Thanks!

Re your other message, it's Geordi ;-)

Anyway. Why csh? I can't tell you what the options would be for that.. You'd have to check the man page

As for the command I gave you not working from a command prompt - it does, as long as you are in your cygwin bin directory.. Otherwise, in a batch file, yes you will need to prepend rxvt with C:\cygwin\bin\ , or whatever the path to the executable is.
The same applies to if you just make a shortcut for it..
See the default cygwin.bat for reference.

Chris
--

Spinning complacently in the darkness, covered and blinded by a blanket
of little lives, false security has lulled the madness of this world