Installation Errors

Eric,
I appreciate your response. When I run setup.exe, I'm downloading to a specfic
folder. I have installed Cygwin numerous times this way and never had any
problems. The one thing I'm doing different is burning the packages (along
with the setup.exe app) to a CD. So, in my mind, I need to ensure that the
cygpopt-0.dll is being transfered 1) from the mirror site to the harddrive and
then 2) from the hard drive to the CD - because I know its not being
installed. What package contains the dll? I did run cygcheck -svr and compared
it to a working cygwin install - nothing jumped out ( I can't post the file
for other reasons). The "-p" option is not recogized by cygcheck.

Thanks for your help!

Joseph

On Mon, 30 Jan 2006 21:19:01 -0700, Eric Blake wrote