Re: can't install rpm

Tasica Mabaya wrote:

> I have an quastion regarding RPM instalation. I'm trying to install
> tinyos on cygwin, and after downloading the neccesary packets I got a
> message:
> bash: rpm: command not found
>
> I I wanted to install rpm, and I found it on
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/cygwin-rpm/ but when I download it I
> cannot open .tar.tar file. I tried to change to .tar.gz but it doesn't
> work.
>
> Am I on the rght path? Could somebody please help me to install rpm on
> cygwin?

No.

There are two points here:

1. You can install the rpm command from the Cygwin distribution, you don't need
an external package, just use setup.exe and choose "rpm" to install.

2. Your original quest, installing tinyos, will probably fail.  I don't know
what tinyos is but if the rpm package has any compiled code in it, it is
compiled for a certain operating system and processor, most probably linux/intel
and will not run under Cygwin/intel.  If the contents are java (code and/or
jars) then it probably works.

Why don't you install the Cygwin specific package? (i.e. tinyos-cygwin-1.1.zip)

HTH
--
René Berber