Re: Building Cygwin from CVS

On Jan 20 09:10, Cliff Hones wrote:
> Christopher Faylor wrote:
> > Before we do that can we please find out WHAT is actually wrong?  There
> > is no description of the problem beyond the above.  I run the testsuite
> > several times a day by cd'ing to winsup/testsuite so I know that works.
> > Lets not make changes that may only be a cockpit error from one user and,
> > especially lets not document actual bugs.
> [...]
> If I cd to src/winsup/testsuite and do "make check", I get:
>
>   cliff@CliffW ~/cygbuild/src/winsup/testsuite
>   $ make check
>   make: *** No rule to make target `check'.  Stop.
>
> which is hardly surprising, as there is no Makefile there:
>
>   cliff@CliffW ~/cygbuild/src/winsup/testsuite
>   $ ls
>   CVS  ChangeLog  Makefile.in  README  config  configure  configure.in  cygload  cygrun.c  libltp  winsup.api
>
> So that seems to be the problem.  Should there have been a Makefile in CVS, should
> configure have made one, or is the FAQ wrong?

The Makefile in testsuite is generated when `make check' is called from
the parent winsup directory.  The reason is that the testsuite directory
isn't added to the list of to configurable subdirectories in
winsup/configure.

So, on the first run, you have to call `make check' in winsup, every
later run you can start from the testsuite dir itself.  Whether this
qualifies as a bug, I don't know.  I'm used to it, so I didn't think
about it until today.

Corinna

Red Hat