cron - Application Event Log

Hi,

I would like to suppress logging of tasks by cron in the Windows
Application Event log. I want to schedule a task that runs frequently
but do not want the Event log to quickly grow.

I did search the Cygwin mailing list archive and found this:
http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2004-10/msg01333.html

I found that the -1 and -2 switches create String values "StdOut" and
"StdErr" for the Parameters key of the cron service in the registry. It
would appear that any output should be logged to /var/log/cron.log.

Unfortunately, this does not seem to work and every time a task runs in
cron, an entry is added to the Application Event log. The cron.log file
itself only shows lines similar to the following:
[2252] cron started

The cron.log file doesn't contain anything else, just the pid and the
"started" line (when cron is stopped it doesn't log anything to
cron.log). I did stop/restart cron just to see if the settings would
take effect, but this didn't work either.

I'm hoping that somebody has some suggestions for me. Thank you,

Herman